On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 21:38:30 UTC, rumbu wrote:
Do you know anything else in the .net library than LINQ where extension methods (somehow equivalent to UFCS) are abused? I thought that something happened in the .net world while I was asleep, that's why I just searched my local copy of .net core and there are exactly 198 extension methods. I would not call these "big".

It's big because linq is perceptionally big in itself similar to how std.algorithm is big. It's also design pattern in C#: if you want a complex interface method with simplified overloads, you don't declare interface with many overloads, you declare one interface method that takes all parameters and a number of simplified extension methods that forward to interface, Unity container and Rhino mocks are designed this way.

Last time I checked, .net Console was an enormous static class with three Stream objects behind the scenes.

That's also how D console IO works.

When I said that phobos looks like a mess compared to .net lib I referred especially to the poor choice of names (eg. RedBlackTree vs SortedDictionary) and lack of essential stuff (eg. happy to have levenshteinDistance built in, but I cannot sort correctly two strings in any other language than English).

That's true, naming is a little complex.
          • Re:... rumbu via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... rumbu via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Tony via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... rumbu via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... rumbu via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... psychoticRabbit via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... psychoticRabbit via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Vision document ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce