On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 01:52:48 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
[...]
Aww, just a little bit too late to easily get into Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Well.... It still made it, yay! (Even without me explicitly requesting it) This means Ubuntu 18.04 will be pretty up-to-date when it comes to D stuff, only GDC 8 won't be the default (but still available). The thing that is facilitating an up-to-date D stack in Debian and Ubuntu is software in the archive using D. The Tilix terminal emulator is at the forefront there, followed by my appstream-generator and the Laniakea archive management suite and all the bits and pieces those projects depend on (like GtkD in Tilix' case).