On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 14:51:30 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 01:25:42 UTC, timotheecour wrote:
D and nim are both very promising.
I created this git repo to compare them:

https://github.com/timotheecour/D_vs_nim/

Goal: up to date and objective comparison of features between D and nim (to help deciding what language to use), and 1:1 map of features and libraries to help D users learn nim and vice versa.

PRs are welcome and merged fast

Named parameter arguments is an advantage? I would not consider using a language with named parameter arguments. At best, claiming it's an advantage is arbitrary.

You might have better luck comparing the languages if you got rid of the +1/-1 thing.

I agree with you. A lot of the parameters selected seem arbitrary. A lot of the advantages and disadvantages aren't absolute, but rather things that depend on the exact situation at hand