On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 07:54:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 14:34:28 Uknown via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Looks very promising. One question though, why not use std.datetime.stopwatch.benchmark? I think it has some protection against optimizing compilers (I may be wrong though). Also, LDC has attributes to control optimizations on a per function basis.see : https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes

Unfortunately, std.datetime.stopwatch.benchmark does not yet have such protections. It has been discussed, but there were issues with it that still need to be sorted out.

In any case, what he has implemented is pretty much what's in Phobos except for the fact that he set up his to take arguments, whereas Phobos' solution just takes the function(s) to call, so anything that it does has to be self-contained.

- Jonathan M Davis

huh. I saw the PR and assumed it was accepted. Anyway, for DMD putting `asm` blocks seems to still disable optimizations, and for LDC, the pragma is perfect. GDC is the only unknown.