On 7/2/18 3:36 AM, Tony wrote:
On Monday, 2 July 2018 at 07:12:47 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
On Monday, 2 July 2018 at 06:21:53 UTC, Tony wrote:
On Sunday, 13 September 2015 at 16:26:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I just released a new version of DVM, 0.4.4. The most important

I am on Windows 10. Is:

dvm --latest install

a valid way to get the latest dmd? When I try that I get an exception

Seems unmaintained. Try Cybershadow's Digger which can handle building several versions of DMD too (https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger), even from locally served webpage as UI.

OK, thanks! I saw DVM mentioned in a thread recently and I went back and couldn't find it and found this one via a search. The one I saw may have been a very old thread that someone revived.

I still use dvm (this version 0.4.4 is the latest I believe).

It still works, at least on OSX. But the errors it throws are not very user friendly, most of the time you get a stack trace.

I've never used the --latest switch (which BTW fails on OSX as well). Likely it's a change in how the metadata is stored on the server. Just install by name:

dvm install 2.080.1

-Steve