On 7/28/18 3:51 PM, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
Hey,

I wrote a post with my general reflections on using D in competitive programming. Mostly compared to C++, since that's what more than 90% of people use for it.
The post is tailored to cover only the competitive programming specifics.

http://codeforces.com/blog/entry/60890
(en+ru, the language switch is at the top)

Good read.

a lifetime ago, I competed using topcoder (and wrote a bunch of problem sets for them too). Topcoder had a "challenge" phase, where you could challenge the solutions of others.

Is there anything like that in codeforces, and if so, is D an advantage as a "somewhat obscure" language (i.e. competitors can't always understand your code)?

Just curious :)

-Steve