On Monday, 17 September 2018 at 19:10:27 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

We're talking about introducing an attribute that should be unnecessary, which will be annoying to use, and which will be error-prone given the bugs that you'll get if you forget to mark your copy constructor with it. And it's all to avoid breaking a theoretical piece of code that I would think that we could all agree is extremely rare if it exists in any real D code base at all. Simply using a transitional compiler switch like we have with other DIPs would make _way_ more sense than burdening the language with an unnecessary attribute that's just going to make it easier to write buggy code. This is clearly a case of making the language worse long term in order to avoid a theoretical problem in the short term.

- Jonathan M Davis

Completely agree.