On Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 01:54:54 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
I'm happy to announce that Walter and Andrei have rendered their verdict on DIP 1014. They were in agreement on two points: they don't like it, but they know we need it. Given that there are no other alternative proposals and that they could see no alternative themselves, they decided to accept this DIP without modification.

Thanks to Shachar Shemesh for pushing the DIP through to the end of the process and for his patience throughout. And congratulations on obtaining a successful result.

Thanks to all for the hard work.

Look forward DIP1016 to be approved.