On Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 09:38:55 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 11.12.2018 um 20:46 schrieb H. S. Teoh:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 11:26:45AM +0100, Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]

The main open point right now AFAICS is to make --parallel work with the multiple-files-at-once build modes for machines that have enough RAM. This is rather simple, but someone has to do it. But apart from
that, I think that the current state is relatively fine form a
performance point of view.

Wait, what does --parallel do if it doesn't compile multiple files at
once?

It currently only works when building with `--build-mode=singleFile`, so compiling individual files in parallel instead of compiling chunks of files in parallel, which would be the ideal.

If by "the ideal" you mean "compile the fastest", then you don't want to compile single files in parallel. I measured across multiple projects, and compiling per package (in the D sense, not the dub one) was fastest. Which is why it's the default with reggae.