On 12/18/18 10:36 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 08:00:48AM +0000, Cyroxin via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
[...] While the focus of this library is in socket receival, reading
from a file doesn't seem to be bad either.
[...]

Ahh, I see. I thought the intent was to read from a file locally. If
you're receiving data from a socket, having a circular buffer makes a
lot more sense.  Thanks for the clarification.  Of course, a circular
buffer works pretty well for reading local files too, though I'd
consider its primary intent would be better suited for receiving data
from the network.

Although I haven't tested with network sockets, the circular buffer I implemented for iopipe (http://schveiguy.github.io/iopipe/iopipe/buffer/RingBuffer.html) didn't have any significant improvement over a buffer that moves the data still in the buffer.

-Steve