On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 16:31:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 07:08:19 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
While I admire your persistence I fail to understand why you simply don't ignore stuff you do not like. If you do not like conferences fine - do not go there, and let us who do like them and think they are useful have some fun!

Some of us want to improve things for everyone else, too.

Isn't that what open source is all about? We do it initially because it works for us, but then share it because it helps the community as well.

If you actually tried these improvements, you'd probably like them. Even our conservative managers at the day job have responded positively to similar changes we made over the last year.

Etc...

Just to make it clear - I do not say I am against some other formats, web conferences, digital meetups, or whatever. I am just saying that there are people who still prefer DConf as it is (was). If a group of D enthusiasts want to try something else, by all means do it! But do not try to be a partybreaker like Joakim and whenever someone mentions DConf he starts talking crap...

I see absolutely NO problem at all if there is a regular DConf, and some other forms of communication that Joakim, or you, prefer!

This said - can't wait to attend the DConf in the UK!