On 1/15/2019 11:08 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
I'm pretty sure Jacob is talking about a completely different type of macro (i.e. not textual substitution), AST macros.

I understand he means AST macros, but they aren't fundamentally different in the characteristic I'm talking about.

I'd be interested to see how close we could get if we allowed mixin template to contain expression as well as declarations (obviously these could only be instantiated in function contexts). Anyway something to play around with at DConf.

I won't discourage you to play around with it, but I don't think it's what D needs in the near future.