On Saturday, 19 January 2019 at 16:15:21 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

I wonder if it's worth it to split the database into an active part (for recent threads) and an archive part (for older threads that are unlikely to change). Most of the lookups will be in the smaller active part, which hopefully will be more performant, and old posts will be migrated to the archive to maintain a maximum active size.

Whatever the problem, it's reasonable to raise money to fix it. We shouldn't expect Vladimir to do all the work for something like this.