On 29.01.19 22:47, Ron Tarrant wrote:
On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 at 21:13:17 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:

hey it's easy, you can also use SDL! :p

dub.sdl:
name "my-awesome-gtk-app"

dependency "gtk-d" version="~>3.8.5"

... and that's it already actually. It will compile everything in the "source" folder and add the dependencies with it.

And well you will have to add DLLs and stuff like you would need to with pure dmd, gtk-d doesn't ship any DLLs.

Okay, so I create a file, name it dub.sdl and put this in it:

name "my-awesome-gtk-app"

dependency "gtk-d" version="~>3.8.5"

And this goes in the same folder as the code file. And then... what? I type: dub?

Just for the record, this is completely different from what I was reading before about this dub stuff.
Yes. Its as simple as:

(dmd-2.084.0)~/tmp >  mkdir gtkdtest
(dmd-2.084.0)~/tmp >  cd gtkdtest/
(dmd-2.084.0)~/t/gtkdtest >  dub init
Package recipe format (sdl/json) [json]: sdl
Name [gtkdtest]:
Description [A minimal D application.]: A minimal GTKD application.
Author name [....]:
License [proprietary]:
Copyright string [....]:
Add dependency (leave empty to skip) []: gtk-d
Adding dependency gtk-d ~>3.8.5
Add dependency (leave empty to skip) []:
Successfully created an empty project in '/...../tmp/gtkdtest'.
Package successfully created in .
(dmd-2.084.0)~/t/gtkdtest >

pasteing a simple gtkd hello world into source/app.d

and then run

(dmd-2.084.0)~/t/gtkdtest > dub run

I was surprised how simple it is nowadays even in osx.

kind regards,
christian