On Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 05:23:26 UTC, Eugene Wissner wrote:

you may remember that I'm working on a library named "tanya" (https://github.com/caraus-ecms/tanya). It is now almost phobos-free and I reimplemented some routines from libc for x86-64 linux. Ideally I'd like to get rid of libc for some platforms. While the library isn't interesting for you since it's too high-level, it could be based on something like utilD. So, as for me, I'd be very much interested in collective effort in this direction and can contribute.

Excellent! Yes, I remember seeing tanya. As you can tell I have very few details worked out with regard to utiliD. You obviously have some more experience creating such a library.

I see that https://github.com/caraus-ecms/tanya/tree/master/arch/x64/linux/memory has what appears to be something equivalent to memcpy, memcmp, and memset. I am very interested in having D implementations of those (inline assembly is D) but I also want to explore the idea keeping things strongly-typed (as least as long as possible) and utilize design-by-introspection to branch the implementation.

I'd be interested in hearing more about what you have in mind.

Thanks,
Mike