On Saturday, 11 May 2019 at 20:35:40 UTC, Exil wrote:

Regarding the discussion of how bool is handled...

It's a one bit integer so it should behave like a one bit integer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTAtiboIDs#t=2h17m50s

I think Walter is conflating how bool is stored in memory with its semantics. I'm currently considering using D's rich modeling features to create a new boolean type that behaves more like a boolean and less like a bit. But it's unfortunate and disappointing we have to resort to something like that.

Mike

  • DConf 2019 AGM Lives... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DConf 2019 ... Exil via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DConf 2... Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DCo... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: boo... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce