On Friday, 24 May 2019 at 08:35:27 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
I'm not fully understand the discussion about accuracy WRT GUIs. Of course you need to draw things accurate. And my interjection WRT 35-FPS was just to give an idea about the possible achievable performance. I like desktop apps that are fast and small, nothing more.

Yes. What I meant is that it is better for an application developer to have a GUI framework that is predictable and solid than to have the highest possible performance.

So if someone provides a drawing canvas then I'd rather have correctly drawn anti-aliased primitives (like bezier curves) than something that is 20% faster but incorrect. Just an example.

Just in general, predictable, less to worry about, so that the application developer can focus on the application and not the peculiarities of the GUI framework.

care if you wish). For this we are creating a set of building-blocks that fit perfectly together following a radical KISS and minimal dependency strategy.

Sounds reasonable.

        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D GUI F... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D GUI F... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D GUI Framework ... Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D GUI Frame... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D GUI F... Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D G... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce