On Monday, 18 November 2019 at 09:42:16 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 09:31 +0000, Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Monday, 18 November 2019 at 08:57:58 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> Is SDL the right format? Cargo uses TOML to great effect.
> > And TOML has, I suspect greater traction more widely than > SDL.

I personally prefer SDL when it comes to nested data, but yeah, that would work as well.

The point I was making is to just have 1 format. With dud that should be possible.

For me the argument is that SDL and TOML are intended for human's to write configuration scripts, whilst XML and JSON are intended for computers to send data to other computers.

A win-win move would be to have dud emit the other formats automatically as part of the compilation procedure, so to have always all of them present and synced on the content.

It shouldn't be too much difficult, and maybe it's a cleaver way to move on from discussions about different formats.
  • Re: dud: A dub repla... GoaLitiuM via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: dud: A dub repla... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: dud: A dub ... Denis Feklushkin via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: dud: A ... Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: dud... Soulsbane via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: dud... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: dud... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: dud... Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... JN via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Tobias Pankrath via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... David Gileadi via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Laurent TrĂ©guier via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Robert Schadek via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Laurent TrĂ©guier via Digitalmars-d-announce