On Monday, 25 November 2019 at 13:14:09 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
The biggest thing for me would be incremental compilation. As well as a dub build and test 'watch' mode to avoid scanning the dependencies every time.

I think there are two levels to incremental compilation (IC).

1. File level IC. Meaning, if you have one file change, you only recompile all files that depend on that directly or transitively. Finally, you relink.

2. Symbol level IC. Meaning, the compiler becomes a daemon, and you track
dependency on a symbol basis.

For 1. my goal with dud is to do that. My first target is to emit ninja files.
So IC is going to be the default, at least at first.

For 2. dud is build as a library first, meaning should the compiler become a daemon at some point, libdud can be used to pull in packages from
code.dlang.org and resolve dub packages dependencies.