On Wednesday, 8 January 2020 at 21:58:29 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 09:43:05PM +0000, Meta via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote: [...]
Deprecated module std.experimental.all was removed
All symbols contained in Phobos can now be used with import std

Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems like a bad idea to me (unless we're
getting rid of std.experimental).

I think you misunderstood what happened here. Originally std.experimental.all *was* the same thing as today's std/package.d; the only reason it was put in std.experimental was because it was still an experiment to see if importing all of Phobos is actually feasible in practice. Since it apparently worked quite well, it was moved from std/experimental/all.d to std/package.d.

Ergo, import std.experimental.all != import std.experimental.*; rather,

        import std.experimental.all == import std.*

in the past, and now we've just made it official by allowing you to write:

        import std;

Ah, I misunderstood. Thanks.