On 2020-02-24 10:02:26 +0000, Mike Parker said:

The DIP review process is outlined here:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs

The final decision rests with the language maintainers. Now, that means Walter and Atila.

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance... How about adding a note who the "language maintainers" are?

... If that proposal and its review manage to convince Walter and Atila, then the feature gets in.

Ok. I understand.

The DIP process is one way to approach that. It allows everyone to provide feedback and influence the drafting of the DIP. That requires convincing the DIP author to revise the DIP and ultimately convincing the language maintainers to accept it. It means there's a high barrier for acceptance, but in my own opinion that's how it should be.

I agree. My impression and point was (after following the topic loosly) that the DIP might be close to find a good solution and that it was suddenly withdrawn. But anyway...

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com