On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 at 16:04:59 UTC, Arine wrote:
``How to distinguish a different type? Use a different type. No, is there another simpler way to do that instead?``

Is this really the line of thinking going on here? It seems Walter has these arbitrary rules he's following which led up to the impractical and buggy solution that was DIP1027. Rules aren't meant to be followed blindly.

Calm down. I didn't ask how to distinguish a type. I asked how to prevent a behaviour. There's a slight difference. If you misunderstood that then maybe I just didn't communicate that properly.