On Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 01:00:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Walter, Mike, and I are happy to announce that our paper submission "Origins of the D Programming Language" has been accepted at the HOPL IV (History of Programming Languages) conference.

https://hopl4.sigplan.org/track/hopl-4-papers

Getting a HOPL paper in is quite difficult, and an important milestone for the D language. We'd like to thank the D community which was instrumental in putting the D language on the map.

The HOPL IV conference will take place in London right before DConf. With regard to travel, right now Covid-19 fears are on everybody's mind; however, we are hopeful that between now and then the situation will improve.

Congrats! Indeed a meaningful accomplishment.