On Tuesday, 14 April 2020 at 07:03:42 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
very nice article!

Thank you!
Also for the performance changes: what do the numbers mean in the diagram there? Is higher better? What exactly is the unit of these numbers? Should I even read it from top to bottom or from bottom to top like usual git logs? Why did it jump from 487 to 200 and is that good or bad?

Yes, sorry, I was going to add some explanations but forgot. They go in chronological order and going from 200 to 487 was bad (the new tree data structure added a lot of overhead, which was not yet taken advantage of). The numbers represent seconds for 200 reduction steps for reducing my test program.

The source code for all programs/scripts used to create the graphics can be found here:

https://gitlab.com/CyberShadow/dustmite-article