On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 11:30:53 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:
On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 11:25:06 UTC, aliak wrote:
On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 10:40:11 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:
does not work). But I admit that it is still a bit weird to have 2 different defaults.

Is that any more or less weirder than having functions inferred with different attributes based on context?

What exactly are you referring to?

Attribute inference by D, specifically template functions. The attributes are inferred based on context (I don't know the exact algorithm). So a function f(T)(T) when called can maybe be pure, maybe safe, maybe not?