On 8/21/20 1:33 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 01:18:30PM -0700, Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

> Generally, I don't expect directory traversal to ever be
> allowed at compile-time, since it opens the door to a huge can o'
> security worms. :-P

I've heard that before. So, if directory traversal is only for import expressions then it should be fine because importing two files cannot be less safe than importing one file. So, we need to let the compiler know that we will import, nothing fancy:

  // Mapping from file name -> content
  string[string] contents = static import("my/dir");

Note the clever :o) use of 'static' which means "directory" in this case. :o) Now we have all contents as an AA, ready to be parsed, mixed-in, etc. But I this is not important at all. Build step is just fine.

Ali