On Monday, 14 December 2020 at 21:59:02 UTC, tchaloupka wrote:
* arsd's cgi.d - I haven't expected it to be so much slower than vibe-d parser, it's almost 3 times slower, but on the other hand it's super simple idiomatic D (again doesn't check or allow what RFC says it should and many tests will fail)

yeah, I think I actually wrote that about eight years ago and then never revisited it.... actually git blame says "committed on Mar 24, 2012" so almost nine! And indeed, that git blame shows the bulk of it is still the initial commit, though a few `toLower`s got changed to `asLowerCase` a few years ago... so it used to be even worse! lol

But wanna see something that will make you cry?

https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/http2.d#L1232

I have another http header parser!!! That's for my client, and as you can see, it is... not great. The case-insensitivity for example is a mega hack and I actually need to fix that eventually.

At least there's some support for line continuations there. I don't remember if I ever actually tested that though, it seems most clients and servers don't do that anyway.