On Monday, 4 January 2021 at 15:53:44 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
I wasn't a process-oriented answer, nor do I think it should have been. The PR was a change to the compiler with an accompanying DIP. I'm a fan of giving an opinion early to save everyone a lot of work and bother.

All management communication about conclusions have a process oriented aspect to them. Do you just want to quickly shut the door completely, or do you want to give people a feeling that their ideas will be remembered in the continuing process of improving the product?

If you cannot grow that feeling, then the incentive to try will be reduce significantly...