On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 21:54:27 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
I will explain templates in a beginner-friendly way.

Although this is announced on Meetup[1] as well, you can connect directly at

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2248614462?pwd=VTl4OXNjVHNhUTJibms2NlVFS3lWZz09

March 18, 2021
Thursday
19:00 Pacific Time

Ali

[1] https://www.meetup.com/D-Lang-Silicon-Valley/events/kmqcvqyccfbxb/

I turned up to this online meetup and I have to say that I got an enormous amount out of it! Conversations like this once a month or so a few years ago would have made me a much better programmer (and maybe even a different person) now. Ali spent a lot of time dissecting code in such an informative, cogent, and enlightening way, I'm kicking myself for not getting involved in these kinds of meetings before. Even though the scheduled time for me was 2:00am in the morning, I feel energised for what I learned. It's a bit like I was groping around in the semi-darkness and someone switched on a light bulb.

Many thanks to Ali for setting this one up! There was one other person who made a useful comment that helped my understanding whose name I don't recall - thank you too.