On Saturday, 7 August 2021 at 03:15:30 UTC, Ki Rill wrote:
I was watching Timur Gafarov’s videos on Dagon Engine and stumbled upon a video that demonstrated a C++ Renderer Engine using the same Sponza scene. I thought it would be a great idea to show them side by side.

This is not a “X vs Y” video! It just demonstrates the capabilities of D and C++ side by side.

Sorry, but it just demonstrates the capabilities of 2 seemingly totally unrelated rendering engines and might easily mislead beginners, not helping D at all. What makes you think the used programming language would have any effect on the capabilities of a rendering engine? Some old Quake engine was ported from C or C++ to Emscripten (JavaScript) via WebGL by Carmack himself IIRC some years ago, and the visual results were unsurprisingly identical. There might be differences in efficiency, especially for JavaScript vs. a system programming language, but most modern graphics are GPU-bound anyway.