On 05.10.21 11:28, Imperatorn wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 October 2021 at 07:55:11 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
On Monday, 4 October 2021 at 22:40:19 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
What is really discourages me that persons like Walter instead of making D great just do nothing helpful.

This is just uncalled for. I'm sure you can express what you mean without pointlessly and wrongly insulting the *reason we have this language,* a person who put more than twenty years of their life into this project.

Agreed.

It's totally OK to criticize, but one should do it in a constructive way

Temtaime said that Walter is setting the wrong priorities. Saying that he is doing "nothing useful" is a bit polemic, of course, but that probably stems from frustration. In context, it's hardly an "insult".

It's absolutely true that many reported issues don't get fixed for *years*. And that very much includes serious bugs. As far as I can tell, it's also true that Walter prioritizes new features instead (ImportC is the latest fad).

I sympathize with Temtaime. Their criticism wasn't sugar-coated, but it is constructive and it is valid in my opinion.