On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 11:27:40 UTC, Andrey Zherikov wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I've published a CLI argument parsing library - [argparse](https://code.dlang.org/packages/argparse). It's been around for some time already so please take a look and provide your feedback if you haven't done so.

The reasoning to create one more CLI parsing library is that the existing libraries do not provide enough flexibility in parsing that I'm looking for and/or they depend on other libraries. As a result `argparse` supports wide variety of data types including enums, callbacks and arrays as well as a fully customized argument parsing. It also doesn't depend on anything besides the standard library.

Since it's in active development (activeness depends on my availability of course), I have few things to do before making the first major release so stay tuned and/or contribute if you'd like to.

Very interesting! I was looking for something similar recently, will definitely give it a try! One thing that it'd be interested to see would be subcommand support. Check what DUB is doing for example.