On Saturday, 8 January 2022 at 16:24:03 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 1/8/22 5:49 AM, Stanislav Blinov wrote:

>> Of course, now I stress that postblit is discouraged.
>
> Bit early, methinks. Copy ctors aren't even fully supported
by the
> runtime yet.

Thanks. The spec discourages postblit as well. What's the best of saying it then? Something like "There are still limitations of copy constructors as of this writing." Or there are just bugs?

Ali

Bugs, for example:

When appending to dynamic array reallocate memory, then copy ctors are ignored.

Assignment of static arrays doesn't call copy constructor for elements.

dup/idup doesn't call copy constructors...

This is necessary to fix it:
[SAoC 2021] Replace druntime Hooks with Templates https://forum.dlang.org/thread/flwjoxilxfpvdjhee...@forum.dlang.org