On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 06:37:47PM -0800, Walter Bright via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> "Why I like D" is on the front page of HackerNews at the moment at number 11.
>
> https://news.ycombinator.com/news

Favorite quote:

        Some people may not consider the GC a feature, I certainly did
        not at the beginning. I came from a hard-core game developer
        mindset where you need to know the exact timing for every
        operation in your critical path. I lived by quotes like: “the
        programmer knows better how to manage memory” and “you cannot
        have unexpected pauses for GC collection”.

        However it turns out that unless you are writing a computer
        game, a high frequency trading system, a web server, or anything
        that really cares about sub-second latency, chances are that a
        garbage collector is your best friend. It will remove the burden
        of having to think about memory management at all and at the
        same time guarantee that you won’t have any memory leaks in your
        code.

*Flamesuit on.*

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results.