On 14/09/2022 2:48 PM, Salih Dincer wrote:
I'm far from making a solid recommendation.  Immutable with const still doesn't make sense to me.  I claim we can live without them. Immutable confuses me a lot.

I think we should take control by creating our own types.  D Language should be unornamented.

We have to have immutable.

You need a way in a systems language to say that a given chunk of memory is read only to prevent accidental writes.

Of course you are free to lie and say its mutable, but you can't lie to the cpu. It'll error if you try to write to it, resulting in the end of a process.