On Tuesday, 3 January 2023 at 04:13:53 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
On 03/01/2023 10:24 AM, Dukc wrote:
Other things coming to mind: Bidirectional grapheme iteration, Word break and line break algorithms, lazy normalisation. Indeed, lots of improvement potential.

I've done word break, "lazy" normalization (so can stop at any point), and lazy case insensitive comparison with normalization.

Can't wait to see them in master!

But: Bidirectional grapheme iteration makes my eye twitch lol.

I did write a reverse grapheme iterator for Symmetry. It isn't fit for Phobos as-is since it only accepts UTF-8 strings (not other ranges) and is modeled after the Phobos grapheme walker, not the 15.0 standard. But I could ask for permission to give it to you if it'd help.

  • Re: Breaking ... Robert Schadek via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Breaking ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Breaking ... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Brea... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce