On Thursday, 21 September 2023 at 14:19:27 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2023 at 21:19:22 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2023 at 15:24:52 UTC, Andrey Zherikov wrote:
On Thursday, 7 September 2023 at 17:34:48 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
[...]

Out of curiosity, why do we need one more build tool?

Because we don't have one now. Using CMake for D is horrible, and none of the alternatives are that much better. Hand-written Makefiles are a nightmare and will never get dependencies right. dub isn't a build system, although it includes a very limited one that can't be extended. Want to build D and C++ [snip]

You can call CMake with a pre-build command right? Would it make sense to add an example of that?

Yes, and I've done that, but it's not great. I'm going to add CMake support to reggae by making CMake export its compilation DB and importing that.

It also might make sense to include in the tests/projects folder an importC example (not sure it makes sense to include a CMake example there).

That's a great idea, thanks!