On Tuesday, 14 November 2023 at 08:18:20 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
* We should have a tool that automates as much as possible the migration of modules to new editions * DMD-as-a-library is a critical component for that tool and other tools in the ecosystem. We need to put a priority on working out all the implementation issues Razvan has raised.

IMHO having a general purpose migration tool is a big win. For example, I, as a library owner, want to help users to migrate their code from one library version to another and making this code evolution automatic would be ideal.