On Sunday, 31 December 2023 at 11:12:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
The D Language Foundation's monthly meeting for October 2023 took place on Friday the 13th at 15:00 UTC. It lasted around one hour and thirty minutes. I was unable to attend, so thanks to Razvan for running it and to Dennis for recording it.

[...]

I also would have reminded everyone that one of our major goals right now is to strengthen the ecosystem. We're absolutely willing to throw some money at code-d and any other important projects in our ecosystem where that money can help get something done. We have over $11,000 sitting in our OpenCollective account that can be used for this sort of thing. Jan or anyone working on a key D project is welcome to reach out to me to discuss possibilities: bug bounties, contract work for specific tasks, etc.

Some of the important ecosystem projects when I teach D are code-d, IntelliJ support, and fixing issues for MacOS (e.g. Having to type out 'export MACOSX_DEVELOPMENT=13.0' or something similar for the tools is tricky for students).

The current Symmetry of Code projects (Dfmt, C++ Interop, etc.) and d-scanner are also very valuable tools for adoption in my opinion -- appreciate the efforts for those contributing to the tooling ecosystem!
  • D Language Fo... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... zjh via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Konstantin via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Mike Shah via Digitalmars-d-announce