On Friday, 17 June 2016 at 09:24:10 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

On 16.06.2016 22:56, moe wrote:
On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 07:40:17 UTC, moe wrote:
[...]

I still can't get past this error. It might be worth mentioning that the problem only occurs when building for 64bit with the -m64 flag. Is this
a known issue? Does D have problems with 64bit on windows?

The 64-bit version uses the linker and the runtime of the Visual C installation.

Check the [Environment64] section in sc.ini in the dmd2\windows\bin folder: it should set the LIB environment variable to the library folder of your Visual C installation. The dmd installer usually does this automatically, but might have failed for some reason or you have opted out of detecting it. In the latter case you should open the "VS x64 Native Tools Command Prompt" to invoke dmd.

Awesome!

I just downloaded the zip file and adjusted some environment variables manually. I removed it again and used the installer instead. The sc.ini file now shows all the correct path and everything works as expected.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!