Update:

When attaching I noticed that it was set to automatic(Managed) and switch it to native and now I do get a listing for VisualD.dll

VisualD.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualD\VisualD.dll N/A Yes Cannot find or open the PDB file. 149 0.45.1-rc2 12/31/1969 7:00 PM 10000000-1030E000 [18000] devenv.exe

It seems to be loading the release version though and that is also presenting a problem.

I guess those registry hacks either got reverted or visual studio is not abiding by them.

Now I think I now what's going on. Maybe my original method of using the experimental version to load the debug version of Visual D won't work. Hence a slow and cumbersom process will have to be used of building Visual D, exiting, copying the files, loading it then attaching.

I'll try to see if something happened that is making the experimental visual studio load the installed visual D.

It might be what you said earlier about it still using it. Any ideas about that?

  • Debugging Visual D using Visual... Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-debugger
    • Re: Debugging Visual D usi... Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-debugger
      • Re: Debugging Visual D... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger
        • Re: Debugging Visu... Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-debugger
          • Re: Debugging ... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger
            • Re: Debug... Johnson via Digitalmars-d-debugger
              • Re: D... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Johnson via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Johnson via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Johnson via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger
                • R... Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-debugger