On 2011-08-17 20:18, Jesse Phillips wrote:
torhu Wrote:

Okay, I think I get the picture now.  Sounds like a good plan, then.

Would DWT become a single repository with all platform implementations
and snippets in it, that has the base Java library as a submodule?  Or
would it be dwt-win, dwt-linux, dwt-snippets, etc.?  The former sounds
simpler, but the latter could make it possible to get rid of the extra
directory levels that DWT2 uses currently.

My thought is:
Java runtime
Eclipse runtime
jface
DWT (Submodules for Java, Eclipse, Jface)
snippets (dwt and jface) (submodules for DWT)

That looks reasonable. But shouldn't it look something like this, submodules in parentheses:

Java runtime
Eclipse runtime (java runtime)
DWT (Eclipse runtime)
JFace (DWT)
snippets (jface)

This is how the dependencies look like. Read "->" as depends on

Java runtime ->
Eclipse runtime -> java runtime
DWT -> Eclipse runtime, java runtime
JFace -> DWT, Eclipse runtime, java runtime
snippets -> JFace, DWT, Eclipse runtime, java runtime

All of these dependencies are not direct dependencies.

I mean, if the Eclipse runtime repository doesn't contain a submodule for the Java runtime it can't work on its own.

--
/Jacob Carlborg