Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
This is kinda complicated, hopefully someone will still read it and try it.

DLLs typically don't have access to the host process. Sometimes, when creating plugins, such access may be desirable. The typical solution is to have the host and plugins both load a secondary DLL.

I've tried to replicate this with D. I have a stub program, a "primary" dll, and a "plugin" dll.

Although the solution in itself does work, I'm having a lot of problems and they seem related to D. But, maybe I'm just doing it all wrong?

If I import std.stdio in a DLL, it won't compile. Period. Otherwise, the primary DLL never finishes - it just dies when it frees the plugin library.

Is this D1 or D2?
If D2 -- I haven't been able to get D2 DLLs to work at all. They just crash during the initialization (something to do with initialising the thread-locals, I think, but I haven't been able to track it down completely).