Sam Hu wrote:
bearophile Wrote:

I have tried the new JavaVM on Win, that optionally performs escape analysis,
and the results are nice:

Timings, N=100_000_000, Windows, seconds:
  D 1:  40.20 DMD
  D 2:  21.83 DMD
  D 2:  18.80 DMD, struct + scope
  C++:  18.06
  D 1:   8.47 DMD
  D 2:   7.41 DMD + scope
  Java:  1.84 V.1.6.0_14, -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC
  Java   1.78 -server
  Java:  1.44
  Java:  1.38 V.1.6.0_14
  Java:  0.28 V.1.6.0_14, -server -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis
Timings, N=100_000_000, Pubuntu, seconds:
  D 1:  25.7  LDC
  C++:   6.87
  D 1:   2.67 LDC + scope
  Java:  1.49

Bye,
bearophile

Sorry for my stepping in...

What does this result mean?Does it mean D is slower than Java and C++ is also
slower than Java?Or that's true just under  certain circumstance?
I am really confused and really appreicate if any further explanation.

Regards,
Sam

It suggests that for dynamic allocation of many small objects via "new", Java is an order of magnitude faster than C++, which in turn is slightly faster than D.