#ponce:
> I'm currently using a lot of pointers to perform heavy computation  Has D the
> equivalent for C's restrict ? More generally, how does D cope with the
> aliasing of pointers ? I think it's crucial for the code optimizer.<

DMD probably just doesn't perform such optimizations. LLVM that's under LDC is
probably able to perform such optimizations, but in the language there is no
way to give such semantics to the compiler.
My suggestion for you is to ask for such feature in the main D newsgroup,
and/or in bugzilla. In the meantime you can also ask such feature to LDC
developers, they may just add a small LDC-specific pragma that gives such
semantics to the LLVM (in future, when D will add such annotation LDC
developers will just change the syntax of this feature). (I'll ask to LDC
developers to see what they think).

Bye,
bearophile