On 04/20/2010 01:02 PM, div0 wrote:

Ellery Newcomer wrote:

As ctfe support matures, I dream of a full-fledged parser generator that
can be evaluated at compile time, although that's way more heavy duty
than what most people will need.

My spirit port might be an option at some point soon:

http://www.sstk.co.uk/spiritd.php

Yeah, I had spiritd in the back of my mind when I wrote that. I've never used spirit, but from a once-over of the docs, it looks like something I should make a point of getting familiar with this summer.

Haven't tried it with current d2 compilers, but should still work w/ d1.

It uses lots of template code to compose parsers, so in theory it ought
to be usable at compile time. I doubt it can be used that way at the
moment, but hopefully dmd will get there and then you'll be able to do
some seriously funky stuff at compile time.

That would be awesome.