On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:30:40 +0200, Ali Çehreli <acehr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

dcoder wrote:

> So, I moved the initialization to inside the main function, and now it works.
 > Great.  I think we need to put this question in the FAQ.

For future reference, if it really needs to be global:

uint[string] mywords;

static this()
{
     mywords = [ "Hello" : 1, "World" : 1, "Cat" : 1, "Dog" : 1 ];
}

Ali

from what I have read in TDPL so far (about half way now), there is no mention of this limitation.
It just says that [key:value] is how you would statically initialize a AA.

Does this mean that it is just a D implementation issue. To me its seems like this should be a defined part of the language. Also the compiler should really rewrite it to your above code anyway, surely?

-Rory