On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:50 -0400, BLS <windev...@hotmail.de> wrote:

On 29/06/2010 15:35, BLS wrote:
On 29/06/2010 15:27, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
string opIndex(string columnName);

yeah this is what I did, too..
However defined as ;

interface I1 {
string opIndex(string columnName);
}

is a no go. So can we say operator overloading within interfaces is not
allowed in D2 ?

thanks again Steve.. try to learn the interface/property stuff.

Jeez, my mistake.. forget to create the implementation. sorry!

LOL!   :)

As others have said, templates do not yet work in interfaces, and there is another subtle problem: templates in interfaces are not virtual so they cannot enjoy covariance. This is a problem for dcollections which uses operators in interfaces.

The only solution right now is to reimplement the template in the derived classes.

Not a fun situation...

-Steve