Okay, I'm not familiar with what typedef is supposed to have done in D. I've
only ever used alias. But what is wrong with

On Saturday 14 August 2010 17:47:44 Yao G. wrote:
> // This should be typedef, but as it's going to be deprecated...
> alias Foo Year;
> alias Foo Month;
> alias Foo Day;

Is it because Year, Month, Day, and Foo are still completely interchangeable,
and you should be able to do things like pass a Year to function that takes a
Month? Are you looking to create a new type that while technically identical to
another type is not considered the same as that type by the type system?

- Jonathan M Davis