On 23/08/2010 23:04, bearophile wrote:
> Andrej Mitrovic:
>
>> I haven't read the specifics of your problem yet,  but have you tried using
>> the newer TDM port of MinGW? The MinGW binaries are still using an older
>> port of GCC, but the TDM version is much newer, so it might be worth trying
>> it out.
>> Get it from here:  http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/
>> Hope that helps.
> I like this, and I love the way you install it, this is the way a compiler
> has to be installed:
> http://nuwen.net/mingw.html
>
> Bye,
> bearophile
Thanks for the suggestions. I wound back a bit and looked at the 3rd
party libraries I was using and what do you know, they were all dll's
with import libs. I don't know what compiler some were built with but
they all converted with the coffimplib tool. So I rebuilt all my stuff
with dmc and after a bit of faffing around with link errors I got the
whole thing to build with a D front end that just makes a top level call
to initialise everything. It correctly reported it couldn't open a usb
device so it looks like it made its way down through several libraries
to the hardware without choking. I might be on my way :-) .

bob